Monday, March 10, 2014

Multitasking

I've always been a multitasker.  Brushing my teeth?  I'm probably also checking Facebook on my phone, picking out clothes for the day, or making the bed.  Watching a Bill Nye video in class?  I'm also monitoring phone usage, answering emails, and grading papers.

As good as I am with multitasking, a few Sundays ago took it to a new level.

I slept in a bit, which threw off my whole schedule.  After my shower, I came downstairs with my arms full of dirty towels to throw in the laundry room, cups that needed to go in the dishwasher, and Tyler's clothes for church.  Tyler was a bit fussy, so I picked him up and narrated to him what I was doing as I made breakfast (cinnamon rolls) with one arm.

Tyler usually eats his cereal around 10am, but we've started giving it to him earlier on Sundays so he's fuller/more content during church.  This is usually not a problem on Sundays, but since I was running behind schedule, I started feeding him while Jason ate breakfast.  Jason ate a cinnamon roll, then took over cereal duty while I ate one of my rolls.  Then I took back over while he ate and so on and so forth.

After breakfast, Jason played with Tyler while I finished getting ready.  Then, we switched roles.  Because I had fed Tyler cereal and not au naturel, I needed to pump before heading to church.  Um, Tyler's not a big fan of that.  I put him in his jumper while I pumped, put on my socks and boots, and sang across the room to comfort (or at least distract) my fussy boy.

Yep, just another laid back morning at the Self house!  Whew!

No comments: