Sunday, May 11, 2014

I'm a Mom

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there (and special shoutout to my mom -- hey, mom!).  As I reflect on my first Mother's Day (because I don't count last year as a preggo), I came to realize, I'm a mom.  I know, a little slow on the uptake, huh?

~I can recite the words to The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by heart.  "A told B and B told C, 'I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree.'  'Whee,' said D to EFG, 'I'll beat you to the top of the coconut tree.'"



~I wipe drooly chins with my fingers if no cloth is available and I pick boogers out of Tyler's nose when they're blocking his nostrils.

~I care about how many times another human being has pooped today.

~I cried (like, whoa cried) when I read this story about a daycare worker who died while saving a toddler in her care during a tornado a few weeks ago.  I immediately thought about how I would feel if Tyler had been that child.

~I also cry every time I hear Kevin Durant's MVP acceptance speech.

~I refer to things like "Mr. Elephant" or "night-nights" even when Tyler is not around.




Yep, it's official.  Bring on the mom jeans folks, because I am a mom through and through.



No comments: