Friday, February 5, 2016

Mama/Tyler Fun Day: the Rest of the Day

No pictures today, just a quick summary of the rest of the day.

Tyler finished up naptime when we got home (after lots of coaxing, since a 20 minute car ride nap is somehow equivalent to his normal 2-3 hour nap; not sure how that math works), and I had to wake him up to go to his haircut.

This is only his third haircut, since we normally just let his hair do whatever it's going to do and only go when it gets insanely long.  I really needed Jason there, because I think we went a weeeee bit too short!  Oops!


No, we didn't shave the side.  Apparently, he just doesn't grow hair on the side of his head yet.  Jason said Jake was the same way for a long time.  

I had some time to kill, so we went to the gas station (not really part of the planned fun day, but Tyler mentions it when describing the day, so I will, too) and to the "ice cream store" (McDonald's for a sundae, since I promised him ice cream and we weren't near any of our normal joints).  

Then, we picked up take-out sushi from Cowfish.  Jason got me a gift card to there last Christmas (as in, 2014), and the one time we tried to go, we learned there was a 2-hour wait and they don't accept reservations.  Now, Mama and Daddy were in town babysitting Tyler, so in theory we could have stayed, but we decided to take ourselves to Sushi Thai and get seated immediately instead.  We'd have to go to Cowfish another day.  That was April that we said that...  

Takeout sushi was the way to go.  No tip necessary, 10-minute parking right outside the restaurant (had to park in a deck last time we went), and we get to eat yummy food in the comfort of our own house.  Awesome!  Was the sushi good?  Yes.  Was it worth the fuss and paying full price (Sushi Thai usually does BOGO)?  Honestly, no.  The sushi was super-yummy (and my first time getting to have raw fish in about a year... man, I missed it!), but no more yummy than any other sushi place in Raleigh.  Unless I get another gift card, I think I'm done with Cowfish.

That was a tangent from the Tyler/Mama Day, but I wanted to share my opinion.

All-in-all, it was an awesome day.  Well, until dinner, when Tyler totally acted up and had to get punished.  This has become pretty much a nightly thing.  But why ruin a perfectly good day by talking about that here?

No comments: