Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Tour, Living Room

For parts 1 and 2 of the tour, see here and here.

Now, to the main event, my living room.  Don't expect a ton of decorations in here, though.  I decorated my mantle and my tree, that's it.


I like how the red mesh and lights do fun things on the wall.

Though it's traditional to put your Christmas tree in a front room so people from the road can see it.  However, we decided to put in in our living room so we could see it.  After all, it's OUR tree, isn't it?

For the past few years, Jason and I have had a two-foot tree.


So um, this year's tree would have been REALLY empty if not for my mom's kindness purchasing me a bucket-o-ornaments and for a few key purchases while buying other Christmas decorations.  The final product:


Old ornaments:

very significant to me because I was having a really bad week and Jason surprised me after church one day with an ornament shopathon to get my mind off things (it worked)
My favorite ornaments... for more on these, see last year's post.

New ornaments:

new ornaments from Mom
impulse buy from Michael's
What, you don't have dinosaurs on your tree?
I'm guessing I don't need to explain this one...




No comments: