Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Tour, Front Rooms

For part one of my Holiday Tour, see Outside Tour.

When you walk in to my house, you face my stairs.  After several difficult hours, Kara (who was in town for business) and I fought the banisters and ended up with this.


It's nice, but I'm still not sure about it.  Still better than what I had managed before Kara came over...

how can you not love that goof?
I did manage to get one picture of Kara working her magic.



Now, I'm definitely a whimsical Christmas kind of person, so don't let the fancy fool you, but I did want my dining room to be kinda fancy:




It's still a work in progress.  I mean, after all, it's nothing compared to the tables featured at Holidays Fit for the King, but way fancy for me.

A few other photos from the entryway and dining room...

Fun birds (look at the "Jason" one with the hat!) from Target

Free ornaments (thanks, Martha Stewart!) and a tea light tree

Norbert, the Christmas hippo Jason made me in 2007, the "obscene snowman" as Jason calls it, and a new reindeer that "called to me" at Pier 1

No comments: