Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bubbling Crude

The past few weeks have not been easy ones for my little fella.

1. He's been really congested.  We took him to the doctor the other day because daycare called and said he was more or less inconsolable (very out of the norm for him).  It's nothing big, but we bought a humidifier for his room (and for our room as well, since it's like the Sahara in our house!) to help things out.  I've never had a humidifier, but we thought it would make everyone a little less scratchy in the morning.

2. He's been a pooping machine!  We're talking 5-10 times a day for several days in a row.  Holy cow!  The other day, Jason was changing a poopy diaper, and Tyler had unloaded a new batch in the new diaper before Jason could even get it closed.  He called it "bubbling crude," which I'm guessing I don't need to explain any further.

The other night, I woke up around 2:00 to the sound of my little one unloading a diaperful over the baby monitor (the sound, not the actual poop!).  Seriously, the thing went on for at least 15 seconds!  I started freaking!  If it was loud enough to transmit over the monitor, I needed to spring into action in order to save his pjs, sheets, and blankets.  Mama to the rescue!

I sprung into action.  I guess my quick reaction woke Jason up.  He asked what was wrong.

My response?  "Bubbling crude!  Don't you hear it?"

He paused for a second to listen and then started laughing.  His response?  "That's the humidifier."

Oops!  I guess I had mistaken the spitting and sputtering of our new humidifier for the spitting and sputtering of Tyler's butt.  I sheepishly got back in bed, and we went back to sleep.  Well, we went back to sleep after Jason finished laughing at me...





1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

Awww, poor Tyler! Hope he feels better!

I'm glad it was just the humidifier... makes the story quite hilarious, as opposed to terrifyingly messy.