Monday, April 11, 2016

Holly's Nursery

At long last, Holly's nursery is finally done and ready to be shared online (only took us four months...)!

Back over the summer, I had the hardest time finding a theme that was girly but not pink walls, princess, over-the-top feminine.  I had looked everywhere -- Pinterest, every feasible store website, four (yes, FOUR) fabric stores -- and couldn't find anything I like.  Note to Self: make girly dinosaur nursery stuff, market it, and make a million dollars. 

Then, one afternoon at Buy Buy Baby, I was taking an "I'm exhausted from all the nursery-searching and also generally being pregnant" break in the gliders.  Jason brought me a package of decals he had found.... Alphabet.  Girly alphabet.  Girly alphabet in fun colors that weren't just pinks and purples.  SOLD!  (also, love him!  He knows me so well).  Added bonus: Tyler is obsessed with the alphabet, so maybe he wouldn't mind so much that his play room was being converted into another bedroom if he got to look at ABC stuff in the new room!

Anyway, I used the decals as a springboard and built the room off of it.  I present... Holly's bedroom!  *fanfare*

Handmade fleece blanket, ABC sheets (close-up in another picture), canvasses based off the decals, and yellow chevron curtains)

close-up of the canvasses (W is for watermelon whales, O is for owl on an orange tree, etc.)

close-up of the (wrinkly) ABC sheets I was able to find

other side of the room -- white furniture from IKEA (which was how we were able to go with such a dark gray paint), the decals, yellow chevron changing pad, and fun pink clock

close-up of the decals (note the pictures the canvasses were based off of)

I never did make Tyler letters, but I made Holly some understated ones that she'll hopefully be able to keep for years.  Problem: once I painted them, we couldn't find a spot for them!  Jason saved the day by mounting them above her closet.


So that's Holly's room!