Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ooh, Ooh, You're My Best Friend

Jason and I don't have a song we consider "our song."  However, I've mentioned to him that if we were to decide on one, Queen's "You're My Best Friend" would have to be a contender.  He really is my best friend, and I have a blast even when we're just hanging out.  He makes even the most mundane things fun.

Monday night, Jason grilled hamburgers and later discovered upstairs that he still had our kitchen timer in his pocket.  He set the timer for 30 seconds, threw it onto the bed (where I was sitting) like it was a grenade, and then ducked for cover behind his hamper.  I stopped it in time (before it "exploded") and put it over on his nightstand.  He grabbed it again, set it for less time, and then threw the grenade at me again.  Then, the teacher in me came out.  I took the timer, put it in MY nightstand drawer, and told him he couldn't get it back until he stopped trying to blow me up!

The next morning, I took the timer and hid it under Jason's iPhone, setting it for a time he'd be upstairs but I wouldn't.  Well, he found it and hid it in my purse before I left for work.  I found it in time, hid it in his lunchbox, and left before it could go off.  Mind you, all of this was before 6am.

Silly?  Yes.  Lame?  Matter of opinion.  Fun as heck?  You betcha!  Just a normal day for me and my best friend!  So, to quote the Laughing Cow cheese commercials, have you laughed today?  More importantly, have you laughed with your spouse today?  If not, be crazy, be spontaneous, break out in song and dance about how awesome they are.  Play a cut-throat game of tic-tac-toe.  Watch a horrible Lifetime movie (I highly recommend the Drew Peterson one starring Rob Lowe... it's soooooo bad).  No matter what you do, enjoy spending time with your spouse.  They're your best friend!

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

Somehow this timer sounds like a good Christmas present. ;)