Friday, November 9, 2012

Decorations that Put us all to Shame

I do not have a lot of Christmas decorations (but I'm going shopping tomorrow!), but I love love LOVE looking at them!  This was especially awesome at Holidays Fit for the King, where ladies went all out on their tables.  Here are a few of my favorites.

I love adding in some very non-Christmas colors like aqua and hot pink

I'm definitely a fan of glass vessels of ornaments


simple but catches the eye

I think I'm falling for the "new" Christmas green -- especially in this Christmas tree that looks like it's straight from a Dr. Seuss story!

very not-me (where's the color?), but it simple and beautiful

This is more like it!  This one was decorated by Laura R, a member of my Sunday School class

My absolute favorite decoration of the day was actually not for Christmas, but for Thanksgiving (HFFTK is about both holidays, so ladies can decorate one way or the other).  The best we can figure is these are made from breaking the spine of a paperback book and gluing to make a circle.  Seriously, do you not LOVE this???



In the holiday spirit yet?  What's your favorite decoration you put in your house?

2 comments:

Katherine said...

My favorite decoration for my house is the MAry, Joseph and Baby jesus that my aunt Nancy made for me. Its made from some kind of pottery and is white with gold flecks. I love putting this on my mantel with my silver LED lights with silver sparkley things around it. then I have a star made of green glass that I can put a candle in that goes great nearby. then I add some poinsettias of different colors. Last year I had purple. Now that I have a house I can use all my christmas stuff Ive collected over the years.

Jenelle Leanne said...

My favorite decoration is the Christmas tree. Someday we will have Christmas day in our own house, and be able to go pick out/cut down a REAL tree (I really hate using a fake one, but I like having it up for a couple of weeks and a real tree doesn't do well left on its own). I love pulling out all the ornaments, stringing the lights, playing Christmas music while we decorate... just the whole experience. (My favorite decoration is also pretty much my ONLY decoration... so maybe that's cheating) LOL