Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas 2 -- Jamesville, part 1

Jason, Tyler, and I headed east on December 26th.  Jason wanted to start a new tradition where we eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel on the way each year.  Who am I to argue with that?

Tyler slept through most of our breakfast.  When he woke up, he joined us by eating a breakfast bottle.  As we finished up, our waitress informed us that someone else had picked up our check.  How wonderful!!!  So here's a public thanks to those anonymous people.  Thanks!

At my folks' house, we ate lunch and started to open presents.  Present-opening is the big difference between my family and Jason's family.  My family take turns, oohing and ahhing over each gift.  I like this because I get to see what everyone got each other, including people's reactions to the gifts we gave them.  However, this can often go on for hours.  Jason's family open all their own presents at the same time.  I like this because it's a lot shorter and less of an ordeal, but I hate that I don't get to see what everyone got.  This year, I was handing out gifts, so everyone was done opening before I even got over there to watch!


Pictures from present-opening:





Tyler was soooo good (of course, he's perfect!).  He slept during lunch and was content sitting with different family members during present-opening.


One requested present for him was this mobile from IKEA.  They have it at daycare, and they say it's one of his favorite things to play with.  From what I've seen, they are right.  We put it together that night, and he went straight to "work," reaching for the dangling toys and spinning the side pieces.  Thanks, Aunties J!



kind of a crazy picture of him, but it shows how intense he is with it

1 comment:

Sara! said...

Haha! So funny about present opening. Robbie's family is the same way, they love to all rip into it! But I love seeing what everyone got. My family is sloooowww and really enjoy it! ;)