Friday, August 7, 2015

Big Weekend

We basically do nothing.  Ok, not nothing nothing, but we're not very socially-active people.  Last weekend was quite an adventure for us!

On Friday, Mom, Kara, and Addison came to Raleigh for a visit.  Tyler was ecstatic, especially when I told him we were going to Pullen Park.




Addison really wanted to ride the boats.  Tyler really wanted to ride the train.  We did both.




There were several camps at Pullen that day, so we had to wait several trips of the carousel before it was our turn.  Tyler was slowly melting down, especially when he'd see a little kid get on the lion (which was the animal he wanted to ride).  He didn't get to ride the lion, but Grandma made the horse seem just as cool by making excited neighing and snorting sounds (which explains the "raspberries" Tyler is making in some of the pictures).




Afterwards, we cooled down with popsicles.




We ate lunch (yes, after eating popsicles, judge all you want), played some at my house, the kiddos (sorta) took naps, and the adults talked baby stuff (my sister Kara is pregnant, too).  It was a great day!





The next morning, we woke up early and headed to Charlotte for an IKEA trip, looking for nursery furniture for Baby Sister and birthday presents for Tyler.  Jill and Jodi met up with us there and did a fantastic job of entertaining Tyler while Jason and I made purchasing decisions and assisting Jason with heavy lifting since I'm no good to him right now.  I didn't want to be "that person" with a full-fledged camera in a store, so forgive these phone-quality photos.




Thanks to Jill and Jodi for capturing their own pictures of him, too.



Though Tyler says his favorite part of IKEA were the "meatboooooolllllls" (who can blame him?), he also mentions Jill and Jodi and has asked multiple times since then to go back.

We drove back that evening, and Tyler was eagerly ready for bed.  Poor guy!  He had done a lot of walking (and running!) around the store and was exhausted!

Sunday morning, we went to church, came home for an early lunch and nap time so that we could go to my cousin Riley's 2nd birthday party (yes, she's only a few weeks older than Tyler).  It was a great chance to catch up with family, eat some yummy food, and see my cousin Adam's new house (he hosted).  I didn't even bring my camera that day, but my aunt Carol took a family picture for us.  It's not often we get a photo of all three Selfs together, so I was very excited.


Phew!  What a weekend!  I'm utterly exhausted, but very happy I got to see so much of my family and have great days with them!