Thursday, March 31, 2016

Family Time

1) Being a family of four is tough.  #adults = #kids = chaos most of the time
2) I'm thankful every day for Jason and his level of involvement with our family.  I know there are a lot of single parents or parents who have to do the majority of the parenting on their own while the other is a bystander, and I do not have that.  Jason is amazing!
3) Most of our outings involve a (hopefully) sleepy Holly and all hands on deck to keep Tyler in check.  Which means Jason and I are on defense the majority of the time and leaving said outing feeling... well, feeling exhausted!
4) We occasionally have outings that are thoroughly enjoyable for the whole family.  They're rare, but wonderful.
5) Before I go any farther, let me be clear.  I love my family.  I love my kids.  I've been pretty vocal about difficulties these past few months, but please know there are just as many (if not more) moments of smiling and commenting to Jason how happy I am with our family.  Please do not read #1-3 up there as me being ungrateful or having any regrets.  Just telling it like it is, honestly.

Recently, we had an absolutely lovely day playing outside in our backyard (the day of baseball).  Here are a few more pictures from that day.

The many faces of Holly:



I promise, she WAS having a good time!

I have a leaf.
Once Tyler got tired of playing baseball, he switched over to playing swings and slide.  Gotta love the hat hair!



I even got a moment of peace to take a Selfie with Jason.



And then Jason grabbed the camera from me to capture this moment:

Self, Family of Four.  Making it work since 2015.



No comments: