Friday, May 25, 2012

Counting Down the Days

Today is one of those not-so-fun pictureless posts, so if you hate those, stop reading now and tune back in next week.


The end of the school year -- my first year of teaching ever -- is quickly coming to an end.  I cannot begin to express how excited I am.  It's felt so weird the past couple of nights because I haven't come home with 20lbs of folders and laptop, and I haven't had three hours of work to do before dinner.  Weird.  Here's what's between me and summer relaxation.

~Friday, May 25th -- Today is senior assembly, so I won't have my seniors (about 25 of my total students).  In class, we're watching an episode of Mythbusters and continuing to review for the exam.

~Monday, May 28th -- no school because of Memorial Day.  Woop woop!
~Tuesday and Wednesday, May 29th & 30th -- seniors take exams while my underclassmen spend both days reviewing for their exams
~Thursday and Friday, May 31st and June 1st -- 1st & 2nd period exams

~Monday and Tuesday, June 4th & 5th -- 3rd & 4th period exams
~Wednesday, June 6th through Tuesday, June 12th -- teacher workdays

The end is so close I can taste it!  It tastes like hotdogs, watermelon, and ice cream.  It tastes like summer!

2 comments:

Amanda English said...

Ohhhh I'm counting too so I can spend some summer Friday's with you!!! xoxo

Jenelle Leanne said...

Yay! Happy almost-summer-vacation!