Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week!

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!  My sister Jill sent me this awesome ecard to celebrate:


So wrong... but so true!

One reason I became a teacher is because I had an absolutely fantastic teacher who inspired me to love learning and science.  Mr. Bailey (or just "Bailey") did anything to help his students learn, from puppet shows with paper plates to explain double replacement reactions to allowing us to make rock candy in order to learn about solutions.

I bet there's at least one teacher who has made a difference in your life.  I'd love to hear about them!  Please leave a comment talking about your favorite teacher or teachers.

4 comments:

Jenelle Leanne said...

Where do I even begin?

1. My Mom - homeschooled all four of us through 8th grade, taught me to read and to love reading, taught me the importance of spelling... is probably the main reason I love English so much

2. Miss Havens - who made math suddenly make sense, and is the reason I am odd in that I love math AND English

3. Mrs. Smith - physics is phun! She had all the best toys in the classroom, from the electro-static ball, to using air and a garbage can with a hole in the bottom to knock over pop cans at the back of the room, she demanded excellence and told us that if we all got A's she wasn't doing her job well. She is the person who made me realize I wanted to be a teacher, because she is the one who taught me that I really love learning, and I wanted to pass on that love.

4. Mr. Euler - made Systematic Theology come alive, and all the jokes and crazy stunts he pulled in his classroom were so helpful to me later on in my own classroom.

5. Mr. Morley - because he never stopped looking for assignments that would challenge me and make me work as hard as I could, and didn't let me get away with just doing the minimum requirement to get an A

6. I'm thinking at this point maybe I should just write my own blog post.... LOL

Unknown said...

b7. Don't stop now! I love hearing about other people's teachers and what actually made a difference in someone's life!

Derek said...

Put up a blog post about my teachers... Skywalker72521.xanga.com - thanks for providing the inspiration for the post!

Derek said...

This is Jenelle by the way.