Thursday, September 13, 2012

Unconditional Love

My family eats some weird things.  Like odd concoctions that we refer to as "glups."  Like cheese with nearly every meal.  Like every vegetable known to mankind.

Thankfully, I have a husband who loves me unconditionally.  He is usually willing to eat whatever I prepare (no matter how strange) because he loves me and is thankful I've cooked.

Well, I love him unconditionally, too, and love to make him happy.  So last week, I prepared one of his family's favorite meals.

Stick with me...

Pinto beans and cornbread muffins.

Sounds ok, right?

Want to know HOW they eat it?

The beans go in a bowl, and the cornbread is crumbled on top.

I know what you're thinking.  Ok, maybe it's a bit eccentric, but still not too weird.  Wait, we're not done.

Then, they squeeze butter on top.  Well, butter and cornbread DO go together, so I guess that's ok.  And then they add apple butter on top.





Wait, what?

Yep folks, this is what unconditional love looks like:





Oh, and just so you know, I served "seriously sharp" cheddar on the side.  Had to Davenport it up a bit. :)