Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dinner Inspiration

I'm not a fantastic cook.  I enjoy what I make most nights, but the more creative I get in the kitchen, the scarier it usually ends up.  A little while back, I knew I was making chicken and red potatoes for dinner, but I was lacking inspiration for what exactly to make.

That morning, I checked Facebook, and my friend Shannon posted a picture of food cooking in her oven -- bacon-wrapped chicken and roasted red potatoes.  How did she know I needed inspiration?!?

She had gotten the recipe from this blog, and since I followed it nearly exactly (I substituted cayenne pepper for chili powder since I didn't have any) and I want to give her credit, I won't repeat the recipe here.  Seriously, it's simple, tasty, and most ingredients are in your pantry.  I highly recommend.  Here's a picture to entice you:



I mean, seriously!  The only problem I had was that I let the chicken cook too long while I was waiting for the potatoes to get done.  It was a wee bit (ok, really really) dry.  While Jason and I both agreed the chicken was tasty, neither of us wanted to eat it as-is another night.

No worries, the leftovers we delicious!  I'm not a salad person, but any salad that centers around chicken and bacon has to be tasty.  Here's the salad I made the next night.  Yum!


Will I make this again?  You betcha!  Will I hope there's leftovers for another salad again?  You betcha!


No comments: