Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How Selfs Celebrate

Ok, this is from a while back, but I never posted about it.

We got an offer on our old townhouse back in August.  Elation!  When we got the official offer, the buyers wanted a 45-day closing process.  Bummed that we have to wait that long, but hey, at least we have a buyer.  Contentment!

Then the closing date came and went, and no closing.  Frustration!  Then, a second closing date was set... and failed.  More frustration!  No worries, the buyers finally got their loan, and a third closing date was set... and failed.  Aggravation!  Then, after several months, on November 5, our house finally closed.  Yep, we are the proud owners of one, not two, houses now.  Elation again!

On the 5th, I went out with some fellow teachers, and gave Jason a call that I was heading to the grocery store at 5:00, so I'd be late getting home.  Small world, he was at the grocery store as well, so I met up with him.

What did he have when I got there?  Ice cream and sparkling grape juice.  He said he had gotten our check from closing, and it was time to celebrate!  So how did we celebrate?  Did we go out to a fancy dinner?  Have a night out on the town?  Nope, we went buck wild in Kroger!

Jason is usually not allowed to go grocery shopping with me.  He busts our budget and our waistlines with all the goodies he wants to buy.  That night, though, I told Jason he could put anything in the cart that he wanted, and I would not fuss.  We had a great time at the grocery store, and our receipt showed it!

So that, folks, is how the Selfs celebrate.

some of my splurges... wheat thins and laughing cow cheeses (bottom left)

No comments: