Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Love Letter to Cardigans

Note: My intentions were to document my clothes for a week or so prior to posting this so you could see just how much I love cardigans.  Since I leave the house at 6am, that plan never came to fruition.  So, you get a picture-less post.

I love several articles of clothing.  I love my reversible belt that keeps my pants up whether I'm wearing brown or black.  I love my camisoles that keep my girls from being shared with the public.  But there is nothing in my wardrobe that I love more than my cardigans.

Oh cardigans, how I love thee!

Cardigans cover a multitude of sins.  

When I was pregnant, I was able to wait until four months before I started sharing the news with the world, all because of cardigans.  They break up the front of my outfit, which hides any belly bulge (and up-top bulge that was also a result of pregnancy).  This is even more helpful right now, since I'm back in pre-baby clothes but don't have my pre-baby belly back yet.

Cardigans make any outfit a little dressier.

How can I make tanks and tshirts a little more work appropriate?  Throw on a cardigan.  Teacher chic!

Cardigans make my wardrobe stretch all four seasons.

No need to pack away the sleeveless tops come wintertime.  I just put on a cardigan.  What to wear to the chilly movie theater in summer when it's 95 degrees outside?  I wear a tank outside and bring along my cardigan for inside.  That's some bang for my bucks!

Oh cardigans, you are my friend.  I love you.

No comments: