Friday, April 4, 2014

Nebo Trip -- Wiseman's View, Part 1

When Jason first took me to Nebo to meet his family (almost exactly seven years ago!), we drove up the mountain at the end of his parents' road.  We went up the mountain on our next trip there, September 2007, when Jason proposed up on the Pinnacle.  We haven't been up the mountain since then, mostly because our cars can't make the trip.  We're talking a single-lane, steep incline, gravel, not-for-the-faint-at-heart kinda road.

As we were planning to visit Jason's parents, I asked could we go up the mountain again.  Jason's dad was nice enough to drive us up in his gigantic truck.

Tyler wasn't so sure about this...

"Mama, I'm nervous..."

"Ok, Nana's going with us.  I feel better now."
We were bouncing around like crazy as the truck made it up the mountain.  I held Tyler's head to keep it stable.  Was he bothered?  Nope.  HE SLEPT THE WHOLE TIME.  I mean, I'm glad he can sleep through stuff, but 45 minutes on a gravel mountain road full of holes and ruts?  Even I'm impressed with that!

He woke up refreshed as we reached Wiseman's View.

Walking with Nana and PawPaw

Jason capturing the view



Me (when I saw this sign): "We should do something funny with this sign" (meaning, pose a shot where it doesn't look like we're watching over Tyler)
Jason: "You mean like write 'fall' underneath the sign?  Someone already beat us to that."



"High cliff area.  Watch your children fall."

Kudos, sign vandalizer, wherever you are.  Very clever.

No comments: