Friday, August 1, 2014

Beach Photo Bonanza

For those who have 30 seconds to read this post, just click on this link to see Jason's photos from our beach trip to Wrightsville.

For those who want to put off work or chores for a bit longer than 30 seconds, read ahead.  Jason has finished editing his beach photos, and I wanted to share some of them here.  I cannot say enough to express how much I love his photographic eye.  He is able to capture moments so well without having us pose (or wait 30 minutes for him to capture the "perfect" moment).


Tuesday in Wilmington
steamy and windy, right before the storm came through

much more impressive picture of the storm than the one I took, taken from the safety of the parking deck

Wednesday morning at the beach:

sand = awesome!

giddy boy (showing off all his toothies)

handing me a shell for approval


first experience with the water


I'm tempted to use this picture in my Earth Science class -- hmm, do I use it to show erosion, the importance of beach vegetation, or to discuss soil profiles?  Decisions, decisions.


Wednesday at the aquarium:
(also known as "the many faces of Tyler" collection)



(and the "many faces of Mama" collection)








 Thursday:

cooling down in a shady spot at the arboretum

first pool time (but it's ok, because Duck was there... oh yeah, and Mama)

Sunset Thursday evening:


another "hand Mama the shell" moment

looking at me off-camera to see if he is allowed to explore

exploring on the sand

*insert excited squeal here*

my idea, though Mr. Squiggly Feet took some convincing

Tyler playing with Daddy's shoes after the footprint pic


Ok, brace yourselves for some utter beauty.



Are you braced?









Wowza!

No comments: