Monday, March 18, 2013

17 Weeks

So my intention was to do these at 4-week increments.  However, Week 16 came and went without us taking a "bump" picture.  So here I am at 17 (and a half) weeks.  Jason wasn't sure y'all could tell, so he helped you out by letting you know where the baby is.



Not too much of a bump, but definitely noticeable.

How far along?  17 weeks
Baby size?  According to parents.com, it's the size of a beanie baby
Maternity Clothes?  They are still a bit big for me, so I'm wearing pairs of pants that still button and lots of cardigans to distract from the belly.  I bought two new dresses on Friday that are "regular" dresses, but will be maternity-friendly.
Sleep?  I'm sleeping pretty well these days, thanks to my snoogle pillow.  I get up 1-2 times a night, but I'm usually able to go back to sleep afterwards.
Best Moment this Week?  I finally broke down on Friday and told my students I was pregnant.  It was getting harder and harder to hide it, and I thought I'd be upfront instead of hearing them whisper "Is Mrs. Self getting fat?"  They. were. adorable.  Some guys offered to throw me a shower at their house.  Some girls offered to buy me diapers and clothes once I find out what I'm having.  I had been dreading telling them, but it ended up being one of my highlights of the week.
Miss Anything?  I miss being able to grab anything out of my closet and not have to worry about whether it will fit or not.  I also miss Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke.  Mmmmmm...
Movement?  Nothing yet.  I've heard the first movements are really subtle, though.
Food Cravings?  Most anything in sight.  I've always been an eater, so it's hard to tell what is Megan and what is Itself.  I'm all about fruit these days, which is a non-Megan thing, so I guess that counts as a craving.
Anything Making Me Queasy/Sick?  Jason had some tuna salad the other day, which didn't smell too appetizing, but tuna's just like that.  No real queasiness/sickness from it.
Gender?  TBD April 5!  Can't wait!
Symptoms? I'm having a hard time bending directly over (like to pick up shoes off the closet floor).  I also don't particularly like stretching up, like getting something off a top shelf.
Wedding rings on or off?  Definitely on and still swinging around loosely (the usual for me in the winter)
Mood?  Pretty good, though this weekend's GORGEOUS weather definitely helped with that!  Itself and I took a walk on Saturday and then played basketball with Jason after State lost in the ACC Tournament.
Looking forward to?  Finding out the gender!  We've been putting off nursery-painting and bedding-shopping until we find out, and I'm excited for those two things!  Plus, I foresee some dinosaur or floral-onesie purchases in my near future!

3 comments:

Amanda English said...

YAH!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy right now.

Jenelle Leanne said...

Awww. Fun times!

John/Kristen said...

Lookin' good there, friend!

And, yes, the first movements are subtle, but SUPER amazing :)