Monday, March 4, 2013

Photoshop

Last week, Jason did a free online workshop to get more familiar with Adobe Photoshop.  They started at noon (so he took a half-day off work each day) and ended around 7:00.  (I spent the week reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince since I lost my tv buddy)

Saturday morning, Jason wanted to go take some photos before the workshop at noon, so we went to Duke Gardens... in the 30 degree weather.  At 7:30am.  That's love.

I'm ridiculous when it comes to the cold.  I'm an NC girl through and through.  "Cold" is anything below 60 degrees.  Jason threw on some clothes and was ready in five minutes.  I spent 10 minutes just contemplating how many layers I could put on without losing mobility ("I can't put my arms down!").

I ended up with two long-sleeved shirts, a zip-up hoodie, and a coat... jeans, knee-high socks, and calf-length socks on top... my warmest hat (wool with ear flaps) and fingerless gloves (not the warmest solution, but necessary to operate my touchscreen on my camera.  I also went out with a pocket stuffed with tissues to combat my runny nose.

What did we find when we got there?  Not much.  It's winter.  Most plants die in the winter.  We found some daffodils and irises starting to bloom, so we took photos of those (expect to see those later).  We also found lots of birds and squirrels eating from feeders.  That doesn't make for great photos, but they were entertaining to watch at least.

Jason found another subject... me.  He snapped some candid shots while I was taking pictures of a flower.  He's a sneaky fellow.  Here's the final product after he applied some of his new Photoshop skills.  It turned out pretty well, I must say.



Here's hoping the spring weather is on the way.  After seeing this morning's 3-day forecast (that calls for snow on Wednesday), I'm not too optimistic.

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

Yes to spring please! ;)