Friday, March 22, 2013

Pink or Blue?

Two weeks from today we (*hopefully*... c'mon spread legs!) find out whether Itself is a Himself or a Herself.  Here's a conversation we had Wednesday night.  I don't know what started it, but Jason said something about hoping for a boy.

Megan: "Kara asked me the other day if you had a preference.  I said I didn't think so.  She told me that whether or not you admitted it, you wanted a boy.  She also warned me that, though you would love whatever baby we have, you may be a little bummed right away if we find out we're having a girl."

Jason:  "Yeah, I will be bummed.  So bummed I'll need to buy a new camera to feel better."

Megan: (lots of "you will not be buying a new camera!" fussing)




I was preparing dinner at the time, and we got to talking about different stuff at the table.  Then, about 30 minutes later as I was cleaning up...

Jason:  "Now I don't know what I want more... a boy or a girl and a new camera."

Oh dear, what am I going to do with that man?

2 comments:

Amanda English said...

Men will always want a boy and Women will always want a daughter. At least that's how I think of it. ;) As long as it's healthy and happy that is all that matters. =)

Jenelle Leanne said...

hahaha! Derek got me a new camera after Nathalie was born :) dunno if that's helpful...

I really wanted Nathalie to be a boy... b/c I had this picture in my head that my family would be just like the one I grew up in: girl, boy, boy, girl. I still would love to have two little boys next... but I love my sweet girls and how they're already bestest buddies.