Monday, April 8, 2013

20 Weeks

Here I am at 20 weeks.  We've reached the halfway point, folks!  No need to draw an arrow anymore, because the bump is quite pronounced.



How far along?  20 (almost 21) weeks
Baby size?  A banana... again, a horrible analogy since it's the length of a banana, but obviously not the same shape!
Maternity Clothes?  I got a whole new load from Kara (It's like Christmas!  Look at all my new clothes!).  I am officially out of jeans that fit and am down to about two non-maternity dress pants that still fasten.  I've been wearing dresses and skirts when the weather behaves because they're the most comfortable.  Last Thursday (when it was crazy cold and SLEETING!!!!) I broke down and wore Kara's maternity jeans.  Jeans that fit a 5'4" person do not fit a 5'7" person the same way.  Yep, rocked out the embarrassingly-short jeans in public.
Sleep?  I'm actually sleeping really well.  I haven't even been getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom the past few weeks. *knocks on wood*
Best Moment this Week?  Finding out that we're having a BOY!  Jason ended up taking the rest of the day off (yay for great bosses that encourage him to do so), and we went bedding shopping.  Fun!
Miss Anything?  I miss normal-length jeans and being able to curl up in any position on the couch without someone (yes, I'm talking to you, baby) making me uncomfortable.
Movement?  It's weird.  Everyone has been asking me, and the doctor said I should be feeling something.  Then Friday night, I think I definitely felt the baby when I laid down on my side.  The night before, we had fallen asleep with Jason's hand on my belly (Did you just "aww?"  Because how sweet is that?) and he swears he felt something.  I haven't felt anything since then.
Food Cravings?  I seriously wanted an ice cream float on Friday.  Jason was sweet enough to get me one.  It had real Coke and everything (I tried not to drink too much of the soda part).
Anything Making Me Queasy/Sick?  Nope, I want to eat it all!
Gender?  BOY!
Symptoms? I get a little pain in my side on occasion, but if I put a little pressure (like my hand) on it, it goes away.  I'm also a bit uncomfortable hanging out on the couch at night.  I also have been having a few back problems while sitting, but nothing a well-placed pillow can't fix.
Wedding rings on or off?  Still on, and particularly shiny since I just had my 6-month cleaning.
Mood?  Pretty elated.  I would have been happy with boy or girl, but KNOWING now just makes it so real.
Looking forward to?  Decorating the nursery.  I'm so excited!

4 comments:

John/Kristen said...

I'm so glad you're getting excited! That gender-revealing ultrasound does make it so very real, doesn't it?

And, hey, you don't look too pronounced to me. My bump is still beating yours, as crazy as that is ;) You look great!

Jenelle Leanne said...

Yeh, you still look hardly pregnant at all.

I didn't feel Leiana "moving" until sometime after 22 weeks... the very first movements sort of feel like bubbles, or your tummy being a little fluttery (some say "butterfly wings" but I've never understood the comparison... unless they're talking about how light and easy to miss it can be...)

Amanda English said...

I will say for 20 weeks you are tiny!!!!!! =)

Jenn & David said...

you look fantastic, Megan! Time is just flying by!