Tuesday, April 2, 2013

This Year's Festival

For a description of the Herring Festival, see yesterday's post.

Jason and I rolled into town just in time to see the parade.  I didn't take a lot of pictures, but here's a few.

The Parade:
Kara trying to get Addison to wave (they were on their church's float)

This was quite the talk of the town... EVERYBODY needs Jesus, even Spiderman, Batman, Alice in Wonderland, and a sniper from Halo

After the parade, we went over to Tammy's for the egg hunt.

The Egg Hunt:
The 5 and under designated area... the eggs aren't exactly "hidden" for these kids.


After the hunt, Jason and I ate hotdogs and Cold Stone ice cream and walked around the festival.  After a while, we were a bit exhausted, and so we headed back to Mom's house.  This was the sight around the house that afternoon:



The one person who didn't nap?  The preggo!  I watched "The Incredibles" and some HGTV while everyone else slept.

I didn't get pictures of the rest of the afternoon.  Kara, Kelly, and Addison went to another egg hunt, and then we met up with them at the River's Edge to eat fried herring and rock (a type of striped bass), stewed potatoes, and okra.  Did I mention all of that was less than $9?  No wonder I think seafood at other restaurants is overpriced!

After dinner, Jason and I went to Kara's house to pick up her old maternity clothes (awesome!) and got back to Jamesville just in time for the fireworks.  What a day!

No comments: