Monday, April 22, 2013

Catching Up

I know I've been horrible about blogging recently.  Here's an quick (or quick for long-winded-me) synopsis of the past few weeks with the Selfs.

Baby:

Since finding out we're having a boy, we've decided on a nursery theme (to be revealed once I create some craft projects for the room), bought bedding, a dresser, and a side-table.  To be purchased: a crib (out of stock when we went to IKEA) and a glider (waiting for one to pop up on SAS's bulletin board).

His dresser.  Yes, we bought a RED dresser.  The more shocking part was that it was "Why can't the whole world be brown?" Jason Self's idea!  The red's a bit brighter in real life than the picture shows.

Lilhimself is still hanging out.  He's not very kicky at all, but he sure does make Mommy's back hurt like whoa.  Jason and I are still working on names.  We're very quick to veto, but slow to fall in love with any of the non-vetoed names.

Jason:

In love with his new camera (yes, another one) and sore/tired from all the work around the house.

Home:

We've aerated, fertilized, seeded, and watered our lawn with the hopes that grass will grow in our very large bare patches.  The result?  Lots of green stuff, though most of it isn't grass.  I'm calling that a victory, despite what the neighbors might say.  We also bought a table and four chairs yesterday for our deck.  We'll have better pictures later, but here's the one from Home Depot's website:



Work:

Work's busy (hence one reason I haven't blogged recently).  We're covering the periodic table (*excited squeal*) in Physical and Climates (*yawn*) in Earth.  I just got my schedule for next semester, so I'll start making sub plans soon for my maternity leave.  I gave a workshop on Friday about creating fun activities for students.  Presenting to coworkers who have been teaching since I was in diapers = mondo intimidating, but I survived!

Food:

What's a Megan blog without mentioning food?  We've had some yummy things recently, including meatball subs (made with this recipe) and mac and cheese (oh, Alton Brown, how we love thee).  We also had some less-than-successful meals (like my attempt at chile rellenos) that we suffered through together.  I've decided pregnant ladies should not be allowed to go grocery shopping.  I know there's "three" of us now, but seriously, my spending has gone way up since January!  It's a bad combination of everything making me hungry and being tired and just wanting to get home (so throwing anything feasible in the cart instead of planning out meals in detail).  Oh well.  It does mean we've been eating REALLY well recently!


No comments: