Thursday, July 25, 2013

YM1 Shower

Last Sunday, my friend Jenelle and other members of my Sunday School class threw us a shower.  My mom came into town for the shower as well.  Thanks to Brandi for taking pictures during the shower and to Jeannie for letting us use her lovely home.

Food and Games
We feasted on all kinds of yummy food, including an absolutely delicious chocolate cake (I loved the message on the cake, too!).  We alternated eating and opening gifts with playing games, like guessing how many baby items were in a jar (see below), completing nursery rhymes, and answering pop culture baby questions (like naming the Huxtable children from "The Cosby Show").







Opening Gifts:
Since nearly every lady there has had a child in the past year or is currently pregnant, I got lots of very practical gifts.  I also got some beautiful homemade gifts.  They're quite the talented bunch!

Leaiana showing me the pictures she had drawn in her card.





My amazing diaper cake



The Guests:
The middle of July is a hard time to have a shower because so many people are out of town/on vacation.  We were a small group, but I had a good time being able to talk to each of those ladies (they have lots of advice to give!).

Caitlin and Liz

Liz's son, Graham

The fellow "preggies," Shannon, Megan, and Kristen


Mom, me, Jenelle, Leiana, Shannon

Belly shot: Megan (due in August), Kristen (due in October), Shannon (due in December), and Megan (due in February)



No comments: