Tuesday, July 16, 2013

33-35 Weeks

Sorry, sorry, life caught up with the Selfs and we've been horrible about taking/posting belly pics.  Here's pictures from our 4th of July trip to NC State (talk about a hot and sweaty day!).  I was about 33.5 weeks at the time of the picture.  I'm 35 weeks today, but I don't think anything has drastically changed bellywise, so it gives you a good idea.





How far along? 35 weeks
Baby size? According to babycenter.com, he's over 18" and 5lbs.  For those who like to refer to my baby as a fruit or veggie, he's honeydew melon-sized.
Maternity clothes?  It's hard to believe (especially after reading my last real update at 24 weeks), but I've actually outgrown a lot of my maternity tops.  I can still get away with wearing some of them if I put a long camisole underneath.  If I'm just hanging around the house all day, I'm usually in cotton shorts or capris (not maternity, just roomy) and a tank top.
Sleep?  I usually take a nap during the day.  I'd like to blame this on pregnancy, but honestly, I've been doing this since I started having summers free back in 2010.  I have to surround myself with a fort of couch pillows (as in, 4-5) to get really comfy.  I'm still able to sleep pretty soundly most nights, though I had a bought of insomnia a little while back.  Maybe the 2-hour nap earlier that afternoon was to blame...
Best Moment this Week?  It's the quiet moments now that I like so much, like when Jason talks to the baby about ridiculous stuff or sits on the couch with his hands on my belly "playing" with the baby.  Priceless.
Miss Anything?  Being able to pick up objects off the floor, shave my legs, and paint my toes without extreme difficulty.
Movement?  When is he NOT moving?  This child is active from 5am to 10pm!  He gets particularly active after I eat food or drink ice water (which is all the time).  With the exception of the occasional painful jab, each movement is as exciting as they were a month ago when I first really started feeling him kick.
Food Cravings?  Maybe it's pregnancy cravings, maybe it's being warm all the time, or maybe it's because it's summer, but I've been devouring fruit left and right.  The biggest surprise has been liking grapefruit, something I always considered too sour/bitter to like pre-baby.  I've also been keeping cool in the afternoons with good old freezy pops.
Anything Making me Queasy/Sick?  Does thinking about delivery and taking care of a newborn count?
Gender? Still boy
Symptoms?  Depending on his position, I can get pretty uncomfortable on the couch these days.  This seems to get better once I sit on the floor and do some stretches.  Certain seats (like the ones at the doctor's office, ironically) can make my back hurt.  I make a LOT more bathroom trips, including going before we leave the house and then sometimes having to go again once we reach our destination.  I've still been really lucky when it comes to other "typical" pregnancy things like heartburn and swelling.  *knocks on wood*
Wedding Rings On/Off?  I took them off on Sunday.  I could still wear them, but it was getting a little tight, and I knew I'd have to take them off when I got to the hospital anyway.
Mood?  Getting a wee bit petrified about the delivery and anxious about the whole motherhood thing.  I spent a few hours researching last week and I've got some DVDs from SAS to watch.  I'm in that weird situation where I know so little that I research, but once I find out certain things, I wish I didn't know.  I just keep telling myself that countless women have done this before me and lived to tell about it....
Looking Forward To?  Finishing up the nursery, my next-to-last baby shower this weekend (the last one is at Jason's work), and milking every minute of my pre-baby summer


3 comments:

Amanda English said...

Awwww you look so cute! I'm glad to hear all is going so well minus some of the anxiety! You guys are going to be great parents!

PS - I'm more than happy to come out on a Friday or two when Jason's at work, the parents are gone and Megan just needs some sleep OR a person to talk to!!!

SERIOUSLY, please don't hesitate to ask me!!!!!!!!

Amanda English said...

PS - obviously i'm talking about after the baby comes if that wasn't clear. Or before. whatever. (:

Unknown said...

I will definitely take you up on that offer!