Sunday, August 25, 2013

365 Days of Praise, Week 1

What is 365 Days of Praise?  Read about it here.

Sunday:  God spoke to me during church service, inspiring me to have a heart full of thanksgiving and praise, which has led to me doing this 365 Days of Praise project.

Monday: 
After a four-month search with lots of ups and downs, God provided a substitute teacher for me just in time.  The search caused me to pray for understanding and pray words of faith in God's sovereignty, that He had someone in mind but just hadn't revealed that person to us yet.  I am very pleased with my sub, especially when I found out she attends Providence!  I was able to share with her all the people who had prayed for her, and she said she had been praying for a long-term position as well.  It's almost like He knows what He's doing, isn't it?  I'm thankful for God's sovereignty.

Tuesday:
I am thankful for a husband who cooks and cleans up the kitchen after he cooks.  Jason made chili (yum!), which should get us through the week (did I mention it's a BIG pot of chili?) without having to cook another dinner.  I was VERY thankful to have a set plan for dinner on a week where anything can happen.  I'm thankful for peace of mind.

Wednesday:
I didn't have the best day at work.  It began with parents (there for Freshman Orientation) parking in the faculty lot, which forced me to park much farther away than normal, and ended with a bunch of stuff landing on my plate, causing me to stay an hour and a half past my normal hours.  Why am I thankful?  Well, at 4:00 (end of the teacher workday), it was POURING outside!  We're talking "Where's Noah with the ark?" kind of rain.  And I remembered I was parked super far away.  So, I'm actually thankful I needed to do more work, because when I left at 5:30, it was barely sprinkling.  I'm thankful for God's timing.

Thursday:
Thursday was Open House at school.  It was great to meet parents and a few students.  There are few things as encouraging as parents smiling and nodding their heads in approval as I describe some of my teaching procedures.  The only thing more encouraging? "We heard you're one of the best teachers, so we can't wait for you to return."  I'm thankful for encouraging words.

Friday:
I really thought Lilhimself was going to come today.  He didn't.  Jason and I spent his actual birthday hanging out, ordering Papa John's, and watching taped tv.  I'm thankful for the last few hours/days as a family of two.

Saturday:
Jason and I are doing a "Read the Bible in a Year" plan, and part of my reading for Saturday was Psalm 16.

 "You make known to me the path of life;
in Your presence there is fullness of joy;
at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
--Psalm 16:11

What a great verse to end my first week of 365 Days of Praise!  I'm thankful for God's Word, how it encourages me and gives me insight in how to truly have a grateful heart.

2 comments:

John/Kristen said...

Psalm 16 has been my absolute mostest favoritest Psalm since high school! :) Isn't it awesome?

Unknown said...

Ooh, favorite psalm. That one would be hard for me to pick. 16 is definitely awesome, though!