Thursday, August 1, 2013

Robots!

Many of you already know that Jason and I chose a robot theme for our nursery.  Well, I'm finally ready to share pictures.  We're still waiting on our glider (which will go between the crib and nightstand), but I couldn't resist posting any longer.

Walking in the Door:

The robot decals are from Dali Decals... we were quite impressed by them

Dressers/Changing Table:


Crib Wall: 





I made the blanket (nursery bedding is crazy expensive!) and painted the canvases.  I know several people are shocked I didn't paint Lilhimself letters (for those who don't know, I paint letters for nurseries... see more here and here), but I went with canvases instead a) to make a bigger impact and b) we didn't know what his name was going to be.

So that's going to be Lilhimself's room!  I like how it turned out, and I'm excited for him to see it!

5 comments:

Sara! said...

Love it! I love all of the colors in the canvases! Too cute!

Amanda English said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Bedding is SUPER expensive. AND I always wonder if it's pointless b/c you don't put blankets on babies??????

Unknown said...

Amanda, exactly... in fact, that's the topic for tomorrow's post. :-P

Jenelle Leanne said...

Looks like you're just about all ready!

Buying crib bedding IS pointless. We never used the quilt that came with Leiana's crib bedding... and I am thinking about getting the crib bumper down from the attic and selling the set (as it is practically brand-new) and we have discovered that a pack-n-play is a perfectly acceptable bed for at least the first 17 months... (we never got the crib down for Nathalie, and it's been FABULOUS, because, of course, whenever we go somewhere, there's usually a pack-n-play she can use (or we can take ours with us) and she doesn't have the, "I WANT MY OWN BED!!!!" syndrome... which means we can put her down anywhere. It's awesome!)

Casey said...

Hey! Found your blog somehow...super cute nursery. So excited for you guys - parenthood rocks. Guess I"ll just have to come by once little man is here to give him his (your) gift. :) Good luck!