Thursday, August 22, 2013

365 Days of Praise

This past week, my church held an event called Celebration Sunday, a chance for us to celebrate all the wonderful things God has done in our church body in the past year.  Pastor Horner spoke from Psalm 145:1-4.


I will extol You, my God, O King;
And I will bless Your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You,
And I will praise Your name forever and ever.


God blesses us every day, and we are to praise Him rather than focus on the negative aspects of our day.  As Pastor Horner spoke about giving thanks and having a spirit of gratefulness, I decided to hold myself accountable to this.  During service, I decided to challenge myself to 365 Days of Praise.  I am going to purposefully take the time to give thanks every day for some blessing in my life.  With the hopes of spurring on you faithful readers, I'm going to share these blessings weekly for the next year.

Is it crazy to hold myself to a post-every-week blog for the first year of my baby's life?  No, I don't think so.  I'm hoping this project will help me find joy on those sleep-deprived, frustrating days and create an environment of praise and thanksgiving in my house.

So stay tuned... it's 365 Days of Praise!

No comments: