Tuesday, August 6, 2013

38 Weeks

Two weeks to go!  Eek!  I'm so excited!



How far along? 38 weeks
Baby size? According to babycenter.com, he's over 19" and 6.8lbs, more or less full size!
Maternity clothes?  I'm down to about five maternity shirts that are long enough to cover the belly, so I just keep alternating them over and over and over.
Sleep?  I still try to take a nap each day (it's amazing how worn out I get these days after even the smallest tasks!).  Night sleep is still going pretty well, though I have to flip sides on occasion because "the lump" decides to ball up on one side and make me uncomfortable.
Best Moment this Week?  Lots of moments this week.  Jason has started calling my poked-out belly button "the baby button."  He'll push it and say, "And now the baby pops out!"  It hasn't worked so far...  

I've been able to feel Lilhimself's "head lump" and  "butt lump" for a while now (he likes to poke out), but on occasion, I can now feel legs or feet, more specific lumps.  There's a real person in there!  

I also got to meet the newest addition to my family this week, my second cousin Riley Rose.  I only have two first cousins, so I'm very close with them.  Riley was born on August 1 to my cousin Jason.  She's quite the looker, isn't she?  At the hospital, a nurse looked at me and said, "You look like you should be here for a different reason!"  I told her "give me two weeks, and you'll see me again."  I do have to say, I got quite a few looks walking into the Women's Center!




Miss Anything?  Being able to go, go, go for hours on end without needing to stop and take a break.
Movement?  Still nonstop.  He's quite the energetic fellow!
Food Cravings?  Does ice cream count?  Yeah, I didn't think so, since I've always been an ice cream fanatic.
Anything Making me Queasy/Sick?  I felt under the weather last Wednesday (and could only stomach things like watermelon and PB and crackers), but the doctor said with the little one squishing down on my organs, that's pretty normal. 
Gender? Still boy
Symptoms?  I've mentioned a couple of times being more tired than normal.  Other than that, I haven't noticed anything too different this week.
Wedding Rings On/Off?  Off.  I never realized how much I played with my rings until they were gone.  I miss them.
Mood?  In overdrive.  I'm trying to knock things off of my to-do list.  In the past two weeks, I've gone to weekly doctor's appointments, the dentist, got my hair cut, and to the eye doctor tomorrow.  Jason and I have three pediatrician tours this week.  I've been helping out at work, handing out schedules to students.  We're also trying to get things around the house ready for the baby.
Looking Forward To?  Lilhimself's arrival!  But not too soon, baby, Mama still wants her teacher workdays if possible!

No comments: