Friday, June 15, 2012

Mom's Birthday Celebration

On Wednesday, we celebrated my mom's birthday.

Mom told me years ago that she feels closest to God when she's in nature, so I thought she'd really enjoy walking around Duke Gardens.  She did!  As we walked from garden to garden, she told me the different names of the plants and said "ooh!" as she'd see a plant more beautiful than the one before.  We had such a great time, I only took TWO pictures, which is insanely low for me!  Here's one of Mom by the pretty pink hydrangeas and the Japanese garden.  Who knows why she's peeking from behind a plant.  Silly lady...



My aunt Carol joined up with us for lunch followed by pedicures.  I planned on taking pictures in the nail salon, but I was so relaxed and in the zone that it completely slipped my mind!  Here's the finished product:


I went a little crazy with the blue, but why get a pink or red color if that's what I have at home?  Jill, you and your pedicure colors have rubbed off on me!

Kara was in town teaching a class, so she met up with us for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.




What a great day!

No comments: