Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Saying Goodbye

We close on the new house tomorrow!  I'm really excited about moving.  It's a new chapter in our lives together -- the first home we'll own together, the first place that is really "our" place, the place we plan on staying for a long time.

But as I look around this townhome, I realize how hard it is going to be to say good-bye.



I first visited Jason in this house in 2005 at his housewarming party.  We were just friends then, but I spent the whole night talking to Stuart and Miranda and trying not to be jealous that Jason was flirting with his coworker.  When he showed people around the house, I never would have guessed that it would be MY house some day!

There are so many memories made in this house.  We had our first kiss standing by the front door.  The first time Jason cooked for me was in our kitchen (and every time he's cooked for me since then!).  I first realized I loved Jason while we were sitting on the living room couch.  This house is where our families met for the first time.  We spent our first night as a married couple together in that house.  We have created traditions (like Saturday muffins and Christmas Steve) in that house.

It's never easy to say goodbye.  This house has been my home for the past four years, and I know I'm going to get emotional when I see it empty later this week.  Dear house, thanks for the memories.  I'm going to miss you.

2 comments:

Jenn & David said...

oh Megan, I am so excited yet so sad for you too. While you have some very special memories at your old home it will be so amazing to see what the Lord has in store for you both in your new home. Praying that things go smoothly friend!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenn, that really means a lot. :)