Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hormones

We've all seen it before on tv and movies -- the pregnant woman weeping over a Hallmark commercial.  Everyone laughs because haha, she's hormonal and everything makes her cry.

Back in January, I was watching an episode of "The Office" where Jim and Pam (whose love story was the central theme of the first few seasons and who are now happily married) are both really stressed out and have a really bad argument over the phone.  Pam starts crying and the camera crew (the show is a fake documentary) forget what they're supposed to be doing for a minute and come over and hug her while she cries on their shoulder.




I have to admit, I teared up a bit.  I bet I was not the only person watching who did.  What was weird was what happened next.  I wiped a tear, and Jason said, "Are you crying?"  Then, my one or two tears burst into an explosion of sobbing!  My face screwed up, I groaned "shut up!" and reached for the tissue box.  What was wrong with me?  A few tears for a heart-wrenching scene, sure.  But this?  What the what?!?  Oh yeah, I'm pregnant and terribly hormonal.  Riiiiiiiight.

The worst part was that Jason kept looking at me the rest of the night saying, "Are you crying?"  I should have thrown something at him.  I haven't really had a moment like this since then, but I had to laugh at myself later and the hormonal mess I've become.

No comments: