Tuesday, September 10, 2013

365 Days of Praise, Week 3

Sunday:
It's a cruel reality that one needs new underpinnings when nursing.  I had tried to buy some during my last weeks of pregnancy, but you have no idea what size you're going to be.  I was in desperate need, so Mom and I went to Target in search of some new clothes for my new body.  The other downside of not knowing your size is that you either have to grab three of each item (in different sizes) or get dressed, leave the dressing room, and go get new sizes.  I'm thankful that Mom went and found other sizes for me, which allowed this tired new mom to just stand still in the dressing room.  I'm also thankful for Target's cheap prices, because I bought a ton of stuff!

Monday:
Mom and I ventured to the grocery store together to pick up a few staples while my men stayed at home.  I had gone to Target the day before, and two outings in two days took it out of me.  I'm thankful for my mom, who made me get in the car while she loaded the groceries and go inside the house and relax while she unloaded the groceries.

Tuesday:
Daddy came to visit and pick Mom up after her being here a week.  He stopped by Subway and picked up sandwiches for us.  I'm thankful for meals where I don't have to plan/cook/think about what to eat.

Wednesday:
This was our first day by ourselves with Tyler.  I don't remember any specifics, just a general feeling of "Wow, this is our new reality."  I'm thankful for more than having a baby, but for having a son.

Thursday:
Jason says it's my fault for bragging to my sisters how well Tyler sleeps at night... Well, he refused to go to sleep Thursday night.  We tried everything we could think of (feeding, changing diaper, playing soothing music, rocking, swaddling), and finally, FINALLY, he drifted off.  I'm thankful for sleep and for sweet sleeping baby coos and sighs.

Friday:
Jason went back to work today.  I'm thankful for a mostly uneventful day (no crises!) and for the excitement of Daddy coming home from work.

Saturday:
We had quite a day of visitors.  Nana and PawPaw Self, as well as Aunt Sara and Cousin Sawyer came to visit.  Tyler was on his best behavior all day (he saved the tantrum for about thirty minutes after everyone left).  I'm thankful for family.

1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

Love your "thankful" posts!