Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Aunties J

Every time my side of the family comes to visit, I swear that I'm going to take more pictures.  And then wham bam, they're headed back home and I've taken maybe three pictures.  *sigh*

This happened about six weeks ago (I told you I was behind on blogging!) when Jill and Jodi (or Aunties J, as they refer to themselves) came to visit.  When they got to our house, we headed to the Got to Be NC Festival, which was going on that weekend.  I think I won Jill over by talking about the Pig Jig, an all-you-can-eat-BBQ cookoff between local masonic groups.

You know that festival?  The one with tons of people and events and colors and sights?  This is the one picture I got -- us walking into the festival.



What's more, I had to make it B&W because it was way overexposed on that sunny sunny day.

We did have a pretty good time.  We mostly went for the BBQ, but also paid a whopping $2 admission into the Food, Wine, & Beer Expo.  We each only cared about 1/3 of the title, so we quickly went our own ways -- Tyler and I to find the food, Jill and Jodi to find the wine, and Jason to find the beer.  I didn't get too much food because Tyler was in a yelling phase that weekend (not upset, just learning just how many decibels his little lungs could reach), so waiting in line wasn't really happening.  Jason was a bit disappointed because out of the hundred or so vendors, there was literally ONE brewery.  Well, it did get third billing.  I guess that should have been our first clue.  J&J, however, found some yummy wine samples and some delicious honey from (ironically enough) a place they frequent in Charlotte called Tupelo Honey.  I had a taste, and it was well worth the purchase.  It's like honey and molasses had a love child.  And then I ate that love child on biscuits.

Saturday afternoon was Auntie/nephew time.  We mentioned to Jodi that Tyler will knock down any block tower that is built.  She accepted the challenge:

"Hey Tyler, do you like my tower?"

"I like it alright.  I like to destroy it!"

"Wait, did she rebuild her tower?"

"I must go destroy it again!"





And that's it.  No pictures around the fire that we had out on the deck Saturday night.  No pictures playing Sunday morning.  Oh well, I guess there's always next time...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have some friends that are super excited Tupelo Honey is going to have a location in the triangle soon. I think their biscuits were the biggest rave from what I remember.