Wednesday, June 4, 2014

First Mother's Day

Yes, I'm nearly a month late on this.  Give me a break.

I celebrated my first-ever Mother's Day this year (yay!).  I didn't know what the day had in store for me, so I decided to go with the flow.

Jason made me bacon and pancakes ("bacon pancakes, making bacon pancakes...") for breakfast.



We didn't quite make it to Sunday School, but we did go to church and got to see lots of our friends dedicating their little ones (Oops, missed the boat on that one!  We'll have to keep an eye out for the next baby dedication event).

After church, we decided to go out to lunch.  We tried to think of an unconvential place to take "Mom" for Mother's Day so that it wouldn't be too busy.  We ended up at a Mexican restaurant and had no wait.  Awesome!  However, they had no high chairs available.  Well, crud!  Oh well, I worked with what they did have -- a booster seat that my little one kept sliding out of.  I had to keep an arm around him at all times.  I also had to keep my food and drink beyond his grasp.  This was the only time in my life that I didn't enjoy hearing "hot plate, hot plate" when they put down my food.  Good thing I was able to move it before my little guy discovered it was a hot plate!

On Mother's Day last year, Jason and I registered for our baby showers.  This year, we visited Babies R Us again, this time to buy staircase gates for our increasingly-explorative fella.  Not exactly as fun, but a lot less stressful.  Pregnant/hormonal/hungry Megan trying to make decisions about what bottles to register for even though I had no knowledge about bottles = panic!!!!!

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed.  (Sleeping) Tyler and I hung out in the car while Jason popped into a hardware store to buy fertilizer for my plants.  Oh wait, I haven't talked about my plants!

We have a big flower bed in the front of our house, and my laziness/buyer's anxiety has prevented me from buying any plants to put there.  Last year, I used my giant belly as an excuse to avoid gardening.  No such luck this year.  Lo and behold, my wonderful husband took me to a nearby nursery and we picked out some plants.

Stipulations: deer-resistant, hearty, can deal with being in a shady yard, hearty, fool-proof, hearty (because I reeeeealllllllly don't want to fiddle with them once they're in the ground).



Not only did Jason buy me plants, he also planted them for me while Tyler and I sat and played on a blanket in the front yard (pictures to come).






It was a very lowkey day, but I had a great time and felt very loved and appreciated.  Happy Mother's Day to me!

2 comments:

Amanda English said...

Sounds like a wonderful 1st Mother's Day!

Jenelle Leanne said...

:)