Monday, September 12, 2011

Trip to the Mountains

Jason and I headed to Nebo over Labor Day weekend to visit the family and to travel to Cataloochee (part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park).  We were excited to see that LWC (Little Winston Churchill) had turned into a happy little kiddo in the four months since we had seen him last.

Fellas in hats

So glad to see a smile on his face!


To get to Cattaloochee, we had to drive down dirt-and-gravel one-lane roads with hairpin turns and steep drop offs.  Not the most relaxing drive!  The Mazda was a trooper, surviving the stressful road with other dirt to show for it.





We ended up driving three vehicles, so here's the whole crowd once we all got there:  Beth and Jake, Jason (and me, who's taking the picture), Benny and Jody, and Sawyer and Sara.




It was hazy, but Jason and I enjoyed the view.

Did I mention I had a cutie-pie nephew?

No comments: