Thursday, November 17, 2011

So Sorry!

I really am trying to keep my blog current, but it's so hard!  Here's a quick (during my lunch break) update.  I'm not at home, so no pictures to add.  Again, sorry.

Last weekend, Jason and I had a GREAT day hanging out downtown.  We called it Adventure Saturday.  We didn't overplan it or have an agenda, and ended up having a really great time.  I actually have a post about this, but I'm waiting on him to edit his pictures so I can add them in.  So stayed tuned for a more detailed description of Adventure Saturday.

Teaching is going pretty well.  I'm actually FOUR days ahead on planning instead of one day like I was at the beginning of the semester.  I feel so in control and on top of things... until January when I start from scratch all over again (because I'm teaching a different science class).  We're studying fossils tomorrow, so I spent my planning period this morning making footprints in modeling clay with plastic animal toys.  Gotta love teaching!

Holidays are coming up, and the Selfs are trying to get everything done.  We're headed to Jamesville this weekend to visit my family and go to my friend Gretchen's wedding in Edenton.  Then, we're Nebo-bound for Thanksgiving and to celebrate (a bit early) Sawyer's 1st birthday.  Um... which means some time in the next week, we need to get him a present.  Oops!

I've started Christmas shopping... for me!  I have some things in mind for Jason and for Addison, but that's it.  This time last year, I think we were done with all our Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving.  I guess that's the difference a full-time job makes.

Food (if anyone cares) was a bit weird this week.  We had a chicken-pasta-zucchini-squash-carrot dish seasoned with Hidden Valley Ranch powder packet (man, I love that stuff).  I also made a spaghetti squash that I've been eating with spaghetti sauce and provolone cheese.  I thought it was yummy.  Jason was nice enough to eat it... one night. Leftovers for Megan, I guess!

Speaking of Jason, he's been working crazy-long hours at work this week trying to get some project done.  It's really allowed me to get ahead on my teaching work (quiet house, nothing better to do), but I hate when he gets in at 7:30... and I'm out cold on the couch at 8:30.  At least we'll get to spend all weekend together (yay!).

Ok, that's a seven-minute update on what's been going on with the Selfs.  More fun stuff and pictures to come, I promise.

No comments: