Monday, November 28, 2011

A Totally Different "Adventure Saturday"

Jason and I visited Jamesville the weekend before Thanksgiving because we were going to our friend Gretchen's wedding (look for future post).  I knew we wanted to take photos somewhere Saturday morning, so I asked my dad if we could go to the farm.

Backstory: My grandfather (or "Pop") was a farmer, so my dad spent a lot of his childhood on the farm.  My uncle now owns the farm, but he rents it out to another farmer to use.  My two main memories of the farm are fishing in the pond and trying to wrangle the cows when the fence broke and they got out (I didn't say they were fond memories...), so this was a fun exploration trip.

Jason was excited to have something other than bugs and flowers to photograph






Daddy came along for the adventure, sharing stories and pointing out stuff along the way





Farm across the street with the paper mill in the background... very past meets present





soybeans





pond, looking back towards the silos

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

'wrangle the cows' made me happy... HA! The pix of you and your dad is great!