Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Out with the Girls

A few weeks ago, Kara requested a "shopping trip."  I headed to Greenville early on a Saturday to meet up with Kara, Addison, and Mom for a marathon of shopping, walking, and gabbing.

We started at Babies R Us/Toys R Us.  I had wanted Kara and Mom's opinions on what to register for and what was a waste of time.  As we walked around the store, Addison kept saying, "Mama!  I think Puddintang would like that!"  "Mama, ooh, I think Puddintang would like that!"  I told Kara thank goodness Addison doesn't have a credit card yet!  My kid would have gone home with a store's worth of merchandise!

After Babies R Us, we headed to Olive Garden for breadsticks and salad (and soup, but honestly, I just go for the breadsticks and salad.  Yummy!).





Then, we headed to the mall.  I didn't really have a lot to buy (I just needed a khaki skirt and a pair of jeans), but Kara was a woman on a mission!  Mom and I took turns keeping the little one occupied and in a good mood while her Mama picked up a new purse, some cute new work and casual clothes (seriously jealous of the cobalt blue shorts, Kara), and some bathing suits for Addison.



Addison was fading fast, so we relaxed for a while at the food court while Kara checked out NY&Co.



Hmm, I think someone was ready for nap time.

Kara and I went to Shoe Carnival and Target while Grandma (or "Andma," as Addi says it) and Addison took naps in the car.  It was quite a day, but I had a really good time hanging out with some of my favorite girls (and getting a bit of loot myself!).

No comments: