Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Science Bash/Baby Shower

The Science Department has two big get-togethers a year, one at Christmas and one to celebrate the end of the school year.  This year, the end-of-year bash was at my department chair Tina's house.  They also celebrated Lilhimself by throwing us a shower.

This shower was on June 9th, one day after I pulled my abdominal muscle.  I hobbled my way into Tina's house, and she had her glider waiting for me.  Everyone treated me like royalty (or like a cripple, not sure which!) that day, offering to get me food, throw away my trash, etc.  Though I was in a lot of pain that day, I felt totally spoiled and had a great time!

They went above and beyond with the presents!  Tina said it was to ensure I come back next year after maternity leave.  Jason was on photographer duty...


Bouncy/vibrate-y monkey chair

Monkey and monster outfits

Bobby pillow


Music-playing giraffe

As the party was coming to an end, I wanted a picture of the science department.  They sat me on the couch, and everyone was supposed to gather around me.  Instead, everyone's (well, most everyone's) kids were put around me.  Definitely my favorite pictures of the day!



You can tell I got really tickled!

I did manage to get a Science picture as well.  There were better ones, but Blinky McGee Megan messed them up.  Here was the best one:

Top row (l-r): Christie (biology), Chip (environmental science), Ryan (Earth sci), Kelley (forensics), Tina (anatomy), Jordyn and Jennie (bio)
Bottom row (l-r): Gabe (chemistry) and Ella, me, Carrie (Tina's daughter), and Naomi (bio)

No comments: