Thursday, June 13, 2013

When Teenagers Throw Showers

Despite my protests, two girls in my 2nd period class wanted to throw me a baby shower.  They worked with me to find a date where we would have some time in class to celebrate.  They threw me the shower on May 22nd, and it was adorable!

The "theme" was tropical, so there were two tiki man balloons, and they got me a tropical cup.

Food:
Cheese Doodles
Pretzels
Chips
Mini Cupcakes
Fruit Punch



They forgot cups and ice, so I provided them with all I had -- 17 bathroom-sized paper cups for 30 students.  It worked out, though.  I think a few students emptied their water bottles to get some punch instead.  They also ran out of plates, but I thankfully had some paper plates in the stockroom.



They went around, asked each person what they wanted, and then served them.  They did this "to keep 30 teenagers' hands out of the food."  Smart move, I thought.

It was a little chaotic and made class a little less-than-productive, but I was very appreciative of their thoughtfulness and party-throwing prowess.  I will always remember this class (they were quite memorable), and I will always remember that this was my first baby shower ever.

No comments: