Monday, June 10, 2013

The Month that Actually HAS Killed Me!

Ok, really really plan on posting fun pictures, but this story seemed fitting to post right after my "June, aka the Month that's Going to Kill Me" post.

Friday night, my stomach hurt a little bit.  I had eaten tacos, so I assumed it was just from the tacos.  Saturday morning, however, I woke up at 6:30, and it felt like I had pulled a muscle in my belly.  I ignored it, made breakfast, and curled up on the couch.

When it didn't get any better, I called my doctor's office around 9:30.  The doctor on call told me to take some Tylenol and call her in a few hours if the pain didn't improve.  Trust me, it didn't.  When I called again at 1:30, she told me to come Rex for her to check things out.

I begrudgingly got dressed, and we headed to Rex.  Jason and I were very thankful for the "dry run" because we had no idea where to go!   Once we finally found the labor and delivery section, I thought we'd sit in a room and the doctor would come in, poke and prod, and send me home.  Nope, I was admitted, told to put on the hospital gown and get into bed, the whole nine yards!

The nurse came in, hooked me and Lilhimself to about twelve different monitors, and asked me about a million questions.  I kept telling everyone that it just felt like a pulled muscle, not contractions or cramping or anything serious.

I'm spare you all the boring details, but after FOUR HOURS at the hospital, they confirmed I wasn't in labor (I didn't need a medical degree to determine that one) and I didn't have any irregularities with the baby or anything else the ultrasound could pick up.  The best they can figure is I have a "strained abdominal wall" (basically a pulled muscle).  The solution?  Rest, and Tylenol (not even the "good" kind of Tylenol, just the lame "doesn't help at all, but this is all I can take because I'm pregnant" Tylenol).  Not helpful when I have four more days at work to prepare for my long-term sub and a slam-packed June.

Dear body, I get it.  I've been trying to overextend myself this pregnancy.  I way overbooked myself for June, and canceling lots of my plans for this weekend and this week has been a wake-up call for me.  Ok, I've learned my lesson.  So body, can you please stop making me double over in pain now?  I'd like to walk faster and more upright than the hunchbacked 80-year-old woman that I walk like right now.  I'd like to have the ability to get up from sitting or lying without the aid of another human being.  I'd like to not wince every few minutes with every slight movement of my body.  So yeah, if you could go ahead and just heal, I'd really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Amanda English said...

Ugh that stinks! Glad you and the babe are ok. I'm sure Jason was as calm as a cucumber. (: Get some rest girl!

Katherine said...

Well I guess my weird dream was right. you were under some stress even tho it wasnt the "Alien monster is chasing me" kind of stress. Keeping you all in my prayers. Love you!

Jenelle Leanne said...

Glad the baby is okay!

Sorry you're in so much pain. If you need anything, please let me know! Keeping you in my prayers.

Missed you yesterday.