Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holidays 2011 -- Thanksgiving Adventures

The day after Thanksgiving, Jason and I went on an adventure to Linville Caverns, which I've wanted to see for years.  It's not easy to take pictures inside of a cave, but we sure tried.  I really enjoyed seeing something I've learned about for years.



Waiting to go into the cave

Coooooooool

After the caves (which are a million times cooler than pictures can show), we went to the small town of Spruce Pine for lunch, photos, and shopping.



We ate at a very eclectic restaurant called Firefox Downtown.  We walked in and it was part industrial, part old maid's living room.

Waiting for our food

Neat patterns through Jason's drink



Jason and I actually ordered the same thing... the Firefox Burger -- burger with pimento cheese and fried green tomatoes. Yum!


No comments: