Monday, January 30, 2012

Thanks, Mom and Dad (and Jason)!

My mom and dad went a bit crazy with the birthday money this year, but I decided not to complain!  Here's my birthday purchases.


Purchase #1: New Leesville Shirt:


We get to wear LRHS t-shirts and jeans on Fridays, and I wanted one that wasn't kelly green so I could wear my bright green sneakers without being too matchy matchy.  Not the best picture in the world (probably shouldn't have taken it at 5:45am after working 14 hours the day before), but it does showcase the shirt.



Purchase #2: New Black "Teacher" Shoes:


Mama and Daddy bought my current pair of black teacher shoes about two years ago, but the wear and tear of 10-hour days has become too much for them, so I needed a replacement pair.  Sounds simple, right?  It's really hard to find shoes that are comfortable enough to wear walking around all day that don't make me look like an 80-year-old woman.

Mission accomplished?



Jason and I went to the mall Saturday and struck out in Macy's, Rack Room, and Clark's before finding these in Nine West.  I'll think they'll do the job.



Purchase #3: "Splurge" Shoes that make me Smile


I love my husband.  I don't know if it's because he wants to make me happy, knows I rarely spend money on myself, or wants ammunition when he wants to buy yet another camera lens, but I eyeballed these shoes, whimpered a bit, and walked over to the practical plain-black shoes instead.  I kept looking back at this pair, though, until he made me try them on.




Once I got them on my feet, I protested about their lack of practicality.  They have too much of a heel for teaching... they're a lot to spend on a "just for fun" pair of shoes... where would I wear them?  My mouth was protesting, but my feet were dancing around in the store, modeling in front of every mirror I could find.  Finally, my wonderful husband insisted.  Now I'll just have to get him to take me out somewhere where I can wear them!




Happy birthday to me!!!

3 comments:

Amanda English said...

#1 - LOVE IT! Although, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get to see the shoes showcased!

#2 - CUTE! I could only imagine comfy for standing a lot of the day. I just need you to wear some glasses, pencil skirt, button up and hair in a bun and I'm SOLD that you are a teacher.

#3 - UMMM LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! I'm so happy you splurged on these! FAB!

xoxo

http://eloquentenglish1.blogspot.com/

Jenn & David said...

You know that I love that t-shirt. How would one find one? ;) I think the shoes are adorable too.

Unknown said...

Jenn, the PTSA sells them, but only on occasion. Thursday was Open House, so I lucked out. If I get wind of another sale I'll let you know and pick you up one (very reasonable $10-12).