Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Let's Celebrate 28!

I alluded a bit to my birthday festivities in the last post, but I wanted to elaborate a bit.

I went to work and actually had a pretty great day.  Not only did I get an extended planning period due to exam schedule, but I also got a relaxing afternoon of planning.  I had to go to a forever-long meeting after school, which was a bummer.  The good thing was, when I finally got home at 5:00, I had a few surprises waiting for me!

Jason got me a bouquet of flowers (in crazy-bright colors, naturally!) and a birthday card envelope that said: "Megan.  It is your birthday." (which fans of "The Office" know is from an episode where Dwight was put in charge of planning an office birthday party)

Jason knows me so well... if it's bright and colorful, I'll love it!

Dwight's banner from "The Office" -- also notice the barely-blown-up balloon hanging from a streamer.


Inside the envelope... was a Christmas card from our collection at home... and the message "Drug store cards are lame.  I gave you this card once before, and that seemed to work out, so here we go again!"


My, um, birthday card

Let me explain.  No, that will take too long, let me sum up (ps, can you name the movie quote?):  During our awkward "we have feelings for each other, but we're 'just friends'" stage, Jason used to send me Christmas cards.  Well, you know he can't buy anything normal, so one year he gave me this card.  I guess it DID work out pretty well last time (seeing as he scored me for a wife), so I let the strange birthday card selection pass.

Upon my request, we went out for sushi dinner to celebrate...

Mmm, can't wait to share some sushi!

...and had mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert!




Yep, I think 28 is going to be a good year.

3 comments:

Jenelle Leanne said...

Princess Bride :)

Glad you had such a great birthday!!

Amanda English said...

LOVE IT!!!! Although, I don't see any surprises in your lap!

Unknown said...

Kudos, Jenelle. Amanda, no cake. And after your birthday fiasco, I'm kinda glad I didn't have one!