Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jason's "30th"

On Saturday, Jason and I frantically cleaned the house and prepped the food, all in anticipation of having our first guests over in the new house.  We invited some friends over to celebrate Jason's "30th" birthday.  He's been 30 for several years now, but hey, I have the 3 and the 0 candle, so I'm not too worried about it.  Someone asked what happens when I turn 30.  I told them, "Oh, then he has to become his real age!"  He's not allowed to stay at 30 if I'm getting older each year!

Menu:
Grilled Italian sausages, brats, or hotdogs
Peppers, onions and condiments

Pasta salad (shout out to Holly for the awesome recipe!)
Watermelon
Chips

Poundcake (Jason's favorite cake)
Vanilla or "bear kind" (dark chocolate with caramel and choc-covered cashews) ice cream

We had such a great time chatting and playing (well, Audrey and I played while the others chatted) that I once again forgot to take pictures!  I finally remembered in time for dessert.

The almost-birthday boy

Stuart and Audrey

Miranda and Rebecca (I hate that I didn't get better pictures...)

Happy almost birthday, Jason! (His actual birthday is tomorrow)

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Refreshments were served and a good time was had by all. Thanks for having us over!

Amanda English said...

Aww, I'm so sad we missed it! Tell Jason we are holding his gift hostage for now... ;) xoxo