Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Day in the Life of Addison

Back in June, I let my nephew Sawyer guest-blog.  You can read that post here.  After seeing Addison on Friday, I've let her guest-blog today.

Good morning!  Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I get to go over to Grandma and Pa's house while Mama and Daddy are at work.  Sometimes, Aunt Meg comes for the day.  She says it's to visit everyone, but I know it's really to play with me.  I'm ok with that, though, because I love having a play buddy!  Here's some of things we did:

I had story time with Pa (and later with Aunt Meg).  I loooooove books, and I like to select one, hop in Pa's lap, and wait to be read to.  If Pa doesn't start reading to me immediately, I will grab his hand and put it on top of the book to tell him what I want.  I love when Pa reads Goldilocks to me because he does all the bear voices.



Aunt Meg took pictures of me.  Aunt Meg always has a camera when she's around me, and I couldn't be happier!  I love cameras.  When I visited Raleigh last December, Uncle Jason would take a picture of me, and then I would run over to see the picture on his screen.  I'm smart like that.  I blame Uncle Toby, who is a photographer and probably taught me about cameras.

On Friday, I looked at Aunt Meg after she took a picture of me and she asked if it was ok.  I grabbed my chair from my play things, moved it to the center of the room, and posed in it.  If she was going to take a picture of me, I wanted it to be good!


Aunt Meg walked into another room, but I wasn't done posing, so me and my chair came along.  I'm a really good model.  The only problem is, sometimes I get up too soon to look at my image on the camera!



Aunt Meg taught me how to take pictures with her camera.  I loved pushing the button and then looking at the picture I took.  I may need to work on my shots a bit, but I'm getting the hang of it.



After this shot, Aunt Meg said "You took a picture of my leg."  I corrected her and said "And me!!!!!"

Hmm, I'm going to need more lessons from Aunt Meg on how to take a self-portrait...


I played the piano.  Yep, I am a renaissance woman with lots of interests.  Grandma is teaching me how to play chopsticks, and I sing along while she plays Jesus Loves Me.




At one point, I got up, put on Pa's hat, and came back to the piano.

I played in the pool.  While I was taking my afternoon nap, Mama came home early from work.  Yay, another playmate!  I changed into my bathing suit and played in the pool in Grandma's backyard.

I threw my beach ball.

I played "One, two, three, JUMP!"

Grandma splashed me with the water hose, which I loved!  She said, "It's raining, it's raining," and I giggled.


Then Mama got the hose...


Here, give me that hose, and we'll see if YOU like it, Mama!

Mama told me to swim like they do on the Olympics.  I immediately laid down on my belly and started kicking and splashing around.  I see a gold medal in my future.




Yep, just another fun-filled day at Grandma and Pa's house. :)

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

She's so stinkin' cute!